Sunday, November 23, 2014

Family Storytime ~ Our Last Session...

  I cannot believe that our fall Storytime session is now over. What a fast 8 weeks that was!  I am so happy to have had the opportunity to once again do what I love to do.  Thank you all for coming and singing and being silly with me. I had fun! 

      Here is our last session in review...


Peek-a-Zoo!
 by Marie Torres Cimarusti
Kids play peek-a-boo with a different animal found at the zoo, guessing what it is, 
then lifting the flap to find out.  Each animal has a different sound
 that becomes part of the peek-a-boo game.
Guess who? "Peek-a-roar!"

If You're Happy and You Know It!
by Jane Cabrera
Clap along with a silly monkey, stamp your feet with an elephant and roar out loud with a lion!
This popular song comes alive with Jane Cabrera's beautiful and lively illustrations.  
I am a big fan of her books!

Do Crocs Kiss?
by Salina Yoon
Do crocs cry? 
Do crocs clap?
All I know is crocs go SNAP!

This is a fun book with easy text and colourful illustrations.  Children will delight in 
lifting the flap to discover what sounds the animals make (and happily make them out loud!).


Next we did the flannel board to this children's classic ....



And finally, we got up and sang this one...


     Once again, thank you all for joining me in this adventure.  I truly enjoyed meeting all of you and having fun at the Library together. I will continue to write and update this blog with book recommendations, reviews and literary tips. I hope I can inspire you to continue to read with your children.

Until next time,
Happy Reading!
~Miss Cathi


      







    



No comments:

Post a Comment